Is Your Body Screaming for a Detox?
Do you eat, drink, breathe, wear cosmetics, or use personal care products? Then the answer is yes, your body is probably screaming for a detox. Our bodies are exposed to a wide variety of chemicals on a daily basis – environmental pollution, pesticides, contaminants in our water, medications, chemicals in our cosmetics and personal care products, and much much more. We are constantly inhaling them, swallowing them and even absorbing them through our skin. Removing this constant influx of toxins from your body is a complex process performed by your kidneys, lungs, skin, lymph system and most importantly your liver. While our body’s natural detoxification process is nothing short of amazing, it just can’t keep up! Over time, this toxic burden impairs your body’s ability to work the way it was meant to and can lead to a decline in your overall health.
Still not convinced? Here are some of the benefits you can expect from a good quality, well-organized detox program.
Why You Should Do a Detox Cleanse…
- More energy
- Stronger immune system
- Healthier skin, hair and nails
- Improved digestion
- Better memory and focus
- Improved sleep
- Look and feel younger
- Weight loss
- Overall sense of well-being
5 Tips for a Successful Detox
- Do your homework. There are many types of detox programs available. Don’t be swayed by great marketing or celebrity endorsements. A good place to start – is your natural health care provider. I highly recommend Douglas Labs Metabolic Rejuvenation.
- Set yourself up for success. A detox program can be challenging and will definitely involve some lifestyle changes. Choose a time when you know you’ll be able to stick with it.
- Be prepared. Stock your fridge and cupboards with healthy and nutritious foods that will support your detox.
- Help your body detox. Be sure to drink lots of filtered water and get lots of rest. Activities like exercise, infrared sauna, dry skin brushing, and Epsom salts baths will also help remove toxins from your body.
- Get support. Make sure that your friends and family know what you are up to and will be cheering you on. For extra support, consider a guided detox like my 28 Day Detox.
Ready to get started? Fall is a great time to detox so that your immune system is primed for winter. It will also help you get back on track after summer. Let me know how it goes. Be sure to share any benefits that you experience during and after your detox in the comments section below. I’d love to hear from you! Know someone who could benefit from a detox? Feel free to share this blog with them.