Are you experiencing symptoms of menopause? You’re not alone! Many women experience symptoms like: hot flashes, headaches, mood swings, depression and even low back pain. The good news is – you don’t have to suffer in silence. There are natural solutions that can help you move through menopause with ease!
By definition menopause means one year without a menstrual period. Most North American women will experience menopause at around age 50. During menopause, the production of estrogen in the ovaries slows down and the adrenal glands take over and produce precursor hormones, which are then converted to estrogen.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that symptoms are your body’s way of letting you know that something is wrong. A hormone imbalance is often the cause of issues during menopause. Many women turn to estrogen replacement therapy but this has many risks including: breast cancer, heart disease and stroke. And often simply supplementing estrogen often can cause a whole bunch of other symptoms.
Now you are probably wondering … Are their natural ways to help? And just what does chiropractic have to do with menopause? Keep reading for five ways to relieve hot flashes….
5 Ways to Make it Through Menopause Without Losing Your Sanity
1. Get Educated! One size does not fit all when it comes to your health. Arm yourself with the latest information about hormone balance. I highly recommend A smart woman’s guide to hormones by Lorna Vanderhaeghe. This is a great resource to support you on your journey through menopause.
2. Eat Well! You’ve heard this one before. A healthy, whole food diet is key to balancing your hormones. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Fill three quarters of your plate with a variety of fresh, organic vegetables. Then add a high quality, clean source of protein like: organic, free range poultry, eggs, or wild fish. Top it off with a serving of good fat like: avocado, nuts and seeds and their cold pressed organic oil, or coconut oil.
3. Move More! There are so many benefits to exercising regularly. But did you know that regular exercise could help ease symptoms of menopause by enhancing certain key hormones? Just choose an activity you enjoy and get moving!
4. Stress Less! Stress wreaks havoc on our hormones. Healthy adrenal glands are the key to effortless menopause. Practice stress management techniques like yoga, deep breathing, or meditation daily.
5. Get Adjusted! The nervous system controls every organ, tissue and cell in your body including your hormonal system. A healthy nervous system is the foundation of healthy hormones. Your Wellness Chiropractor is trained to detect and remove any misalignments in your spine that may be compromising your nervous system.
Do you have a friend or loved one who is suffering through menopause? Be sure to pass this information on to them, so they can find relief and live the life they’ve always imagined. Or book your appointment today!