Low-Level Laser Therapy
Photobiomodulation or Low-Level Laser technology utilizes superluminous and laser diodes to irradiate diseased or traumatized tissue with photons. These particles of energy are selectively absorbed by the cell membrane and intracellular molecules, resulting in the initiation of a cascade of complex physiological reactions, leading to the restoration of normal cell structure and function.
The process results in the improvement or elimination of symptoms including pain and also facilitate natural healing. The therapy is completely safe and has no adverse effects.
LLLT Is The Care Of Choice For Pain Associated With:
Soft Tissue and Sports Injuries
- Ligament sprains/muscle strains
- Tendonitis (e.g. rotator cuff, Achilles)
- Knee injuries (e.g. torn meniscus, bursitis)
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Muscle Spasm
- Pinched Nerve
Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Trigger Finger
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ)
- Lymphedemal (Swelling)
THE PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF LLLT INCLUDE AN INCREASE IN:
- the protein building block essential to the process of cell regeneration Collagen production
- increases tensile strength of muscles, tendons and ligaments
- ATP (adenosine triphosphate)
- the fuel of the cell required in facilitating cell metabolism
- morphine-like substances produced by the body to reduce the sensation of pain Modulation of cellular components involved in the healing process
- i.e. macrophages, fibroblasts, lymphocytes, etc.
- immune response
- lymphatic drainage (reduction in swelling)
- angiogenesis – formation of new capillaries and arterioles resulting in improved circulation/tissue oxygenation
The cost of LLLT is based on the complexity of the body part where the therapy is applied.
|1 Unit (for example hands or feet)||2 Units (for example knees and elbows)||3 Units (for example shoulders and hips)|
|$55.00 + tax||$85.00 + tax||$110.00 + tax|
For more information please ask our clinic front desk or call us at (613) 837-2883 or click here to book an appointment now!