1 in 6 Canadians over the age of 15 report suffering from arthritis. Are you one of them? Learn what arthritis is and natural ways you can prevent arthritis damage in this week’s blog!
Signs & Symptoms of Arthritis
• Joint pain & tenderness
• Joint swelling
• Joint redness
• Joint warmth
• Joint stiffness
• Loss of joint range of motion
What is Arthritis?
To put it simply, arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. It refers to hundreds of related conditions including: tendonitis, bursitis, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
What Can You Do to Manage Arthritis, Naturally?
The good news is there are natural ways to fight chronic inflammation and restore balance in your body.
One way is to start including more anti-inflammatory foods in your diet. Foods like:
- Fresh Whole Foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds)
- Omega 3 Fats (wild salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil)
- Green Tea
- Herbs (basil, chili peppers, curcumin, turmeric, ginger, parsley, rosemary and thyme)
If you need extra help, try a natural supplement. Natural supplements are a safe and effective alternative to prescription and over the counter medications. Always choose a high-quality supplement from a reputable source. Some of the best options for reducing inflammation are:
- Omega 3 EPA and DHA supplement. Omega 3 fatty acids are a precursor to prostaglandins, which regulate inflammation in the body.
- Vitamin D works through a variety of mechanisms to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Glucosamine & chondroitin have been clinically proven to improve joint health. Both are known to reduce pain and discomfort.
What About Chiropractic for Arthritis?
While arthritis can’t be cured, chiropractic can help to prevent the damage arthritis causes. Chiropractors work with the joints of the spine and extremities. By removing spinal and other joint misalignments, chiropractors are able to reduce grinding caused by stuck or uneven bones. This grinding is what often causes inflammation and is what leads to arthritis.
Do you suffer from arthritis? Consider booking an Arthritis Evaluation at the clinic.